Monday, May 10, 2010

Ivy's Street


I love kids....I guess I should....I have two :)


No really - I do...and I love creating cakes that make them smile. That's why when a child is crazy about a certain character such as Elmo or Dora, I do my best to make them as exact as possible. My goal is to make them so perfect, that little Bobby or Suzie just doesn't want to eat it. To me, that's success.

The problem with creating characters that look so close to the originals, is that sometimes it's hard to let them go. I fell so in love with Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster that I almost shed a tear as they were boxed up and ready to go. The only consolation being that Ivy was going to enjoy looking at them (and potentially eating them) as much as I enjoyed creating them for her.
Feedback from her mom was very good!!! In fact, I think she became just as possessive over Elmo as I had been :)


Happy Birthday Ivy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment