Friday, May 14, 2010

Stephanie's Twilight


This weekend one of my best friends was celebrating her thirty.......well....thirty ??? something birthday :) and her wonderful boyfriend asked me to create a Twilight cake for her. We belong to a small group of ADORING Twilight fans (grown women with huge supernatural crushes!). In our defense - Edward really isn't 18...he's over 100 years old, which makes him waaaay older than us...so there's no robbing the cradle. At least on our end :)


Stephanie is such an amazingly wonderful person and friend. I really wanted to make a cake for her that had aspects of all the Twilight books. Each cover was incorporated into the cake: Twilight = the apple, New Moon = the tulip leaves, Eclipse = the red ribbon and Breaking Dawn = the chess board and pieces. Everything on the cake is handmade and edible - only the best for Steph!!


I'm hoping I'll have time to make it to the party - but still have loads of work to accomplish.....that's the life of a cake designer!


Happy 3? Birthday Stephanie! I love you lots xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow Julie!! As a Twilight fan I LOVE it even more! You are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete